- the U.S. has a dark side
- black and white views are rare
- you can eat anything if you have to
- you can't master a language in 3 months- are you serious?
- my buying habits effects the world
- we aren't taught about the history of Latin America
- our cultures are different, our values are different, our language is different- so why would we expect our solutions to work for their problems?
- all economies are mixed, and maybe, just maybe it's ok if Latin America mixes it in favor of socialism
- novelas are a piece of cake to understand compared to real people
- when in doubt of whether to use por or para, you then have pora hahah jk
- I am ignorant
- it IS possible to live for 10 days out of a backpack
- cockroaches are horrendously frightening
- how to take the corn off the cob and grind it to make tortillas
- if I can talk to a random stranger in Spanish about poverty, the economy, the government, and everything else under the sun, I can talk to people of my own language about anything.
- I don't want to be a teacher.
- I will discipline my children
- how to truly empathize with foreigners and English learners
- my world is the minority
- the sun is stronger in Costa Rica
- A group of 14 Christians of the same culture (U.S.) and the same subculture (Christian college students) can't agree on moral or Biblical issues, how can we expect the world to?
- IMF and the World Bank are a mess.
- social businesses are super cool (i.e. Mohammed Yuniss- you should look him up!)
- home grown development is the only thing that will truly raise countries out of poverty
- hope can be hard to come by
- I am RICH.
- I have responsibilities now bc of how affluent my society is, bc of how many opportunities I have, and bc of how much I now know
- I hate injustice and corruption
- the more you learn, the less you know
mi querida Costa Rica y mis queridos que yo conocí, les extaño y les amo para siempre. Nos vemos.
Well said - and a profitable semester it sounds like to me!
ReplyDelete