I guess I am going to blog... hahah! This is weird... Ok, so I guess I will picture someone in my head who I am writing to, and then maybe this will sound better! I am leaving Tuesday ( this Tuesday... ahhhhh!). My flight leaves at 7 am for Miami where I meet up with the group, and then we all fly to San Jose together. I haven't been nervous at all until about yesterday, when I started the reading assignment. I don't feel very well prepared to go live in another culture. There are so many differences and I am afraid that in my ignorance, and probably some American arrogance, offend my host family. I also read that they don't want you to kill the spiders... this could be a real growing experience. In other words, I am freaking out that no one will kill the spiders for me! hahahaa What I've read also talked about how you will need to learn how to balance the schoolwork given and spending time with your family, and that many students take lower grades... yet another area of growth.
Conclusion, never read about what you will experience before because it only makes you nervous! just kidding... kinda. hahaha No, but in all seriousness, I would really appreciate your prayers- that I would adjust to this new culture and learn how to interact, that I would be able to make connections with these people, and most of all that I would learn what God wants me to learn, while depending completely on Him, while living my life in a way where He is glorified and made known. Because, I mean in the end that's all that matters right?
p.s. this is not going to be a grammatical or literary masterpiece. This blog is my thoughts on a page! so don't expect too much! hahahaa
I'm excited to read your blog. And I promise not to correct your grammar. You probably have some of your dad's writing skills (which I like to think are a Welch trait, hence we're linked). I still can't believe you're going. It's so crazy and exciting, and I'm not the one doing it! I'll definitely be praying for you, and I look forward to hearing about your adventures.
ReplyDelete