Made it through the first week of classes! Yayayy!! Yesterday my mami, had a few friends over and they made carne asada, chicken, and chorizo on a bbq outside. It was sooooo goood!!! And they put chimichurri on it, or pico de gallo they said you could call it to bc I wasn’t understand chimichurri. Hahah But that was basically just tomatoes salt and lime, I think. But it was sooooo good on all the meat tortilla taco like things. Whatever you wanna call them. It was delicious!! And today, I went to Volcano Poas with some other LASP students. They had figured out what buses to take etc, so that was really nice of them. We took a bus to downtown San Jose and then another bus ride about an hour and half towards Alajuela to Volcan Poas. It was soo cool!! You could see the crater and it smelled like sulfur. We took ashort trail up to a lake which was apparently an old crater that had filled with rain water. I got to take pictures J On the way up I had an cheese empanada for the first time. It was pretty good, very very greasy. At this coffee shop in san jose they have empanada de piña (pineapple) that I want to try next time I’m downtown. After the volcano we had pizza hut in downtown. And the pizza huts here are actually really really nice!! We were all very shocked!! Now I am back at my house. Tomorrow I will get to go to church with my family for the first time, so I’m excited about that. Nothing else much.
wow....great pix and looked like a great day. Were the pix from your camera?? Have a great Lord's Day!!!!
ReplyDeleteyay! pictures! liked seeing them here and on fb! and the food sounds delish! hopefully you are getting some cooking tips so that you can make it when you get back. ;o)
ReplyDeletelove you and miss you! <3
- christina