Wednesday, January 12, 2011

In San Jose!


Well, I made it to San Jose, Costa Rica! Finally! Yesterday was quite a long day. I think it was like 2 in the morning by the time we finally made it to the study center where we spent the night. Today we stayed at the study center for the morning and had an orientation type thing. So much information. I am kind of overwhelmed with it all, but I mean it’s the first day, so it’s bound to be overwhelming. We were randomly assigned to our families after lunch. I am living with a young mother, her 13 year old daughter Fernanda, and then the mother’s friend, Danny lives here too. I have my own room (which I was not expecting) and WIFI here( which I was not expecting). So that is great! It so happens that my mother’s mom, lives around the corner and is hosting another student as well. This afternoon, she came by and took me and the other girl for a walk to LASP office, and then walked us around to where the other students close by were, so that was really  nice. The food is really good! J My tico mom is really welcoming, and nice, helps me speak. She has a blackberry! Hahah I thought that was funny. I am still nervous about everything, and sort of just don’t know how to act, what to say, how to just be… This experience is definitely stretching me and shoving me outside my comfort zone, which is good.

We get to go to Cuba and Nicaragua! I think Nicaragua is in about a month. Tomorrow we are doing a scavenger hunt in San Jose today acclimate ourselves and figure out how to take taxis, ride buses, exchange money, etc. We also have our Spanish placement interviews at ICADS (the Spanish school where we will be taking our Spanish classes for the next 4 weeksish)


3 comments:

  1. Loved hearing about your adventures!! Praying for you!--mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news. Sleep well in your new "home" tonight. We'll be praying. Was a beautiful clear and crisp LA day today. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for blogging, I am , I don't know what the words are, but I can picture myself in your shoes and would be very nervous. Does the host family speak any english? I'm glad you have another student near by. Praying for you and proud of you and enjoy hearing what God is doing in your life. Guess I shouldn't make this an email!

    ReplyDelete