Made it through the first week in San Gabriel! The hardest part was the weekend, I had way too much time where I just had to sit. Sit and just be with people or sit and watch bad TV. It was way too easy to let my mind wander to home and going home, because it is within reach now. On Sunday the elementary school had their big annual fundraiser, Bingo. I went for a little while with my mom’s nieces’ Jocelyn and Maria Fernanda. It was big! I basically spent all of Sunday with Jocelyn, because my mom had to set up and help with the Bingo all day. Before Bingo, Jocelyn and I watched HP 6!! That was fun, in spanish! Hahaha Then we went to Bingo, which was pretty boring for me. Then we went back to her house and I had cafecito, once again the only one who eats… Then we walked through some neighborhoods to her other aunt’s house. One of the cousins is in 6th grade at school, so she looked familiar. I asked Jocelyn her name later. Hahaha Btw, Jocelyn is 16 and in colegio here. I’ve helped her with her English hw a couple times. She has one more year in colegio, and then depending how she does on her exams will determine if she gets to choose or what choices she has for university study.
After that I came home and finished my first paper for this portion of the semester (I have one more). Well now that you’ve had that exciting play by play! Hahaha I am glad it’s the week, because the weeks go faster than the weekends. I am pretty ready to come home, sad as it is to say it. But this internship portion is really the last “stretching” part, after this we have 4 semi-free(not really) days in San Jose with our fams then we leave for CUBAAAAA!!! Which should be awesome!! We aren’t doing homestays there, so it will be nice! Home stays are amazing, and teach you the most, but also the hardest and most draining when you start them. So I’m ashamed to stay I’m glad we aren’t doing homestays in Cuba. We are in Cuba a week, and then it’s re-entry week!! J J J
No comments:
Post a Comment