Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Manuel Antonio ( Spring Break! aka a 4 day weekend!haha)


After Nicaragua, we left Saturday for Manuel Antonio or Quepos. We stayed in a hostel called Backpackers Manuel Antonio. My first time staying in a hostel! It is definitely different than a hotel, but I like it! This one was pretty nice ( except the beds sucked), and the staff was super helpful and nice! And there was free wifi and free breakfast! And a hammocks and a pool! And an ocean view! And right by the bus stop! Perf! Hahaha We left super early Saturday and got to the hostel by like 10ish, and then headed out to spend the day in the National Park, It was beautiful!! We brought a picnic lunch, which consisted of PB&J, chips&guac/salsa, apples, and chikys! The best lunch!!!!! J Although there were some like super super aggressive raccoons and monkeys!! Ashley was shooing away the raccoon and not til she hit it with a stick did it leave! And the monkeys got some of our ritz crackers! They  were super aggressive too, but of course we are like omygosh monkeys, and just want to take pictures.. silly tourists! One of the few weekends we actually felt like tourists. It was also weird to be around so many white people, and have other people know English! Hahaha I forget who said it, but someone was like ,”Dang it, I have to watch what I say now, bc these people can probably understand me!” That made me laugh, bc we do use English in that way sometimes hahahaha. That night we went to this little taqueria, which was as close to Mexican as I’ve had all trip! I miss Mexican food!!!! It was nice to just hang out together with no stress, and do whatever. Sunday we went to the public beach, and I read like all day! J Finished The Great Divorce! (that was for you Char J)  We ate dinner at some restaurant on the beach, and then were going to split up- half go back and half stay. Except we waited for the bus for like an hour!! So we ended up all going back together, it was ironic and funny. Monday,I went back to the beach for a little while, then went back to the hostel to do my Nicaragua write up, and headed back to SJ at 5. Quick day J It was a great weekend!! Such a nice break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment